1) Why did you choose to study engineering in NTU?
My A levels grades were not that good to get into a better course. So my initial intention was to get a university degree before figuring out my next step.
2) What school activities did you take part in while studying in NTU?
Nil. I attempted to devote most of my time on studying but just ended up with mediocre results 🙂
3) What is your greatest takeaway from NTU?
To be able to analyse issues at a deeper level.
4) Why did you decide to pursue a career in the F&B industry? What was the motivation or inspiration behind it?
After my internship in a local engineering company, I realized how mundane it was to be working in an office facing four walls and a computer. My passion for baking and cooking brought me a chance to work part time in a kitchen of a café, which then gave me more exposure to the F&B industry over time.
5) What are your hobbies?
Baking, cooking and basketball.
6) What is your favourite food and ice-cream flavour? What are your dislikes?
Food: Siew Mai. Ice-cream: Ferrero.
I do not really have a dislike for any kind of food.
7) What is one quote you live by?
Optimism and perseverance will bring you to places.
8) What is one thing you will tell your future self and your past self?
Be grateful of the choices you have made as everything happens for a reason.
9) Growing up, did you have a role model you looked up to?
My ex-boss from Lola’s café. He is a very intelligent individual and is always able to express his thoughts very explicitly.
10) Where do you see yourself five to ten years down the road?
Hopefully running 3 ice cream outlets.
11) What advice do you have for young entrepreneurs who are just starting out?
Do not be afraid of failures and keep persevering.